Peaceful Youtube Preview
This plugin adds the capability to specify a custom image as a thumbnail for a Youtube video embed. An easy-to-use WordPress shortcode is provided for this purpose...
- Find the Youtube video you'd like to post, and save it's embed code in a handy place.
- Create an image that you'd like to use as the thumbnail for this video. Note that the size of this image will be used as the size of the Youtube video as well.
- Upload the image you've created to the WordPress media library. Once you've uploaded the image, jot down the file url of the image, as we'll need that for the shortcode.
- Prepare the shortcode syntax, as shown below, and place it into the post or page of your choice.
The following are two examples: The first is the original Youtube embed, as provided by Youtube. The second is the corresponding shortcode that you would use in your post or page.
This is the embed that comes from Youtube:<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rv6oWhG76pQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This is the shortcode as you would use it in your post or page:[peaceful_youtube_preview video="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rv6oWhG76pQ" image="http://www.peacefulmedia.com/plugin-assets/peaceful-youtube-preview-example.png"]
An example with additional parameters:[peaceful_youtube_preview video="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rv6oWhG76pQ" image="http://www.peacefulmedia.com/plugin-assets/peaceful-youtube-preview-example.png" title="A Fantastic Video!" class="peacefulPreview" playbutton="0" magnify="0.9" autoplay="0"]
Parameters for the Shortcode
- Specifies the http source of the video, as given in the Youtube embed.
- Specifies the http source of the thumbnail image, as uploaded to the media library.
- title (optional)
- Specifies the title and alt attributes of the image.
- autoplay (optional)
- Set to "1" to turn on autoplay (default), or set to "0" to turn it off.
- playbutton (optional)
- Set to "1" to turn on the overlayed playbutton (default), or set to "0" to turn it off.
- magnify (optional)
- A scaling factor applied to the sizing of the preview image and video. A value of 1.0 is the identity factor, while a value of 0.9 will reduce the image and video size by 10%.
- id (optional)
- CSS id for the wrapper div.
- class (optional)
- CSS class for the wrapper div.
Happy 2013! I hope your year is already off to a magnificent start. I’m just got back to LA after celebrating the New Year in New York and then teaching a goal-setting workshop where the room was filled to capacity!! The group was amazing and had powerful breakthroughs and miracle moments. Everyone really touched my heart so THANK YOU to those of you who came.
And speaking of miracles . . .
While I was in NY I sat down with my friend Gabrielle Bernstein to talk about her new book May Cause Miracles. Gabby and I have been friends since 2005 when she connected with me after my first book came out. I knew after one minute of speaking with her that she was going to be a major force in the world of personal growth. Her passion for living a life full of love, not fear, is inspiring (she’s even been on OPRAH!!).
If you don’t know Gabby, I’m glad to introduce you to her. If you do know Gabby, I know you’ll enjoy getting to know her more. In this video we talk about what inspired this book and the key to living a life full of miracles.
And Gabby when you order the book, Gabby is gifting you with TONS of free bonuses. You can check them all out here.
May your new year be filled with miracles!