This call is about speaking your truth and being authentic in dating. Today’s caller, Marie, calls in wanting to know how to break off a bad relationship but it turns out she needs to heal old wounds from her relationship with her father.
If you are asking yourself, how do I stop dating the same person with a different face? You should know that when we are born we know we are connected to a higher power and we know that we are unconditionally loved. Then, our conscious mind takes over and we lose a bit of our antenna and we project ‘God,’ or the source of unconditional love, on to our parents. If they don’t or are unable to give us unconditional love, we search for it through our relationships.
If you have been yearning for love and feel unlovable your story will create your reality. Emotional availability is not just about vulnerability, it is about honesty and speaking your truth.
Would you like to become a masterful, profitable coach? Join me June 29th and 30th in San Diego for a workshop designed to assist both experienced and new coaches to take their coaching business to the next level. Email Jill@ChristineHassler for more information.
If you are a man who listens to this show, I have partnered with the host of the Man Cave, Preston Smiles. The Man Cave is a virtual, conscious-man brotherhood that explores, excels and elevates all aspects of a man’s life. For $150 off visit PrestonSmiles.com/Mancave and type in ‘ChristineCAVE150′ for the special offer.Subscribe in iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | Android | Google
- Do you keep dating the same person with a different face?
- Are you pretending in any of your relationships? Are you a chameleon? Are you being more strategic than authentic?
- Do you doubt your ability to be loved?
- Are you hoping someday a parent will show up differently for you than they have in the past?
- Do you have the relationships you crave or do you have relationships you hope one day will turn into what you want?
Marie has become obsessed with a relationship she knows she should end and wants to know how to get over it and on with it.
Marie’s Key Insights and Aha’s:
- She has experienced a lot of heartache.
- She believes men just leave relationships.
- She doesn’t have a close relationship with her father.
- She has issue-based relationships.
- She is looking for emotional relief from her dad.
- She continues to chase emotional intimacy.
- She’s emotionally unavailable.
- She doesn’t let people see the real Marie.
- She has yearned for male attention her entire life.
How to get over it and on with it:
- She should write a letter and speak her truth to her father.
- She should start having an authentic, emotionally honest relationship with her father.
- She should break her patterns of pretending in relationships.
Assignments and Takeaways:
- Take an inventory of your relationships. Where are you being strategic versus authentic?
- Start to have honest, vulnerable communication with the people in your life.
- If you are obsessing about someone, consider what lesson your discomfort is leading you toward.
- When it comes to change, healing, and making your dreams come true, don’t just be helpful — be committed.
Havenly — helps you create beautifully designed spaces with an interior designer based on your unique style. Take the freestyle quiz and get the guaranteed best prices when you order direct from Havenly. Use the link above for 25% off your first design package.
Freshbooks is easy-to-use cloud accounting software for self-employed professionals. Freshbooks helps you master your business with online payments and project management options. Receive an unrestricted 30-day free trial, just in time for tax time by using OVERITANDONWITHIT in the how did you hear about us section.
Christine Hassler — Join the Free Over It and On With It Community
Assist@ChristineHassler.com — For men interested in being on the show