This call is about reclaiming your sexuality and getting over body issues. Today’s caller, Heidi, has felt shame about her sexuality since she was a child. During our conversation, I coach her through how she can feel safe in her body and how she can experience pleasure.
Being connected to our bodies and experiencing pleasure is important. There are a lot of therapies that help people move past eating disorders and fall back in love with their bodies. But, sexuality is a part of the therapy that is often left out.
When we don’t experience sensual or sexual pleasure or we disconnect from our body and are not satisfied we attempt to fill the void with food for satiation. For some, the only way to feel safe is to enforce some kind of control over their bodies which may create a body image issue or an eating disorder.
We can store emotional pain in our reproductive organs just like we store tension in our shoulders. And it is common for many women to experience pain during sex or sex doesn’t feel good to them. It is natural for human beings to want to experience pleasure. So, start introducing pleasure in ways that feel safe with you.
We don’t need to know the specifics behind our fears in order to heal ourselves and move on.
Would you like to become a masterful, profitable coach? Join me in Sydney, Australia on April 14th & 15th to fast-track the success of your coaching business. Visit Christine’s Master Class for more information. I am also holding a one-day Women’s Retreat for 10 women on April 13, 2018, in Bondi Beach. It’s a condensed version of my signature retreat. Email Jill@ChristineHassler.com to sign up.
And, I am joining Dallas Travers for the 1st annual 6 Figure Coach Summit to assist coaches in their purpose of healing the world through the work they do. Starting April 9th, a free online conference for Coaches featuring 20 mini Master Classes. Go directly to Six Figure Coach Summit or email Jill@ChristineHassler for details.
- Do you have any body image issues? Have you had an eating disorder in the past or are struggling with it now?
- Were you raised in a very strict, religious, or repressed home?
- Were you shamed as a child or teenager?
- Do you experience pleasure in your current life?
- Do you enjoy sex? Could it be better?
Heidi wants help healing her body from an eating disorder.
Heidi’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She sabotages herself and reverts to old patterns.
- She battles anorexia.
- She rarely felt safe as a child.
- She always tried to please her father.
- She felt shame around how she looked.
- Her family is very religious.
- She has disconnected from her sexuality.
How to get over it and on with it:
- She needs to unlock her sacred sexuality.
- She should look for healers to help her.
- She should put more intention into her sex life with her husband.
- She should indulge in self-pleasure to feel safe in her body.
Assignments and Takeaways:
- If you have been dealing with an eating disorder or body image issue take an inventory of how much pleasure you have in your life.
- You don’t need a partner to experience pleasure. Create pleasure dates with yourself.
- Somatic therapy, Pelvic Floor Therapy, Dancing, Tantra are all ways you can heal and help yourself to enjoy being in your body.
- Put more intention into your sex life.
THIRDLOVE — What if you could take the away the hassle of bra shopping and find the perfect fitting bra in minutes? Take the fit finder quiz to find your perfect size, even if it’s a half size. They have over 60 bra sizes! Use the link to get 15% off the first purchase of your favorite bra.
Christine Hassler — Join the Free Over It and On With It Community
Assist@ChristineHassler.com — For men interested in being on the show