This episode is about abundance, prosperity, and how to overcome blocks to getting your financial life to where it feels healthy. I coach today’s caller, Doreen, on breaking some limiting beliefs around money and shifting her spending and earning patterns.
As children, when we see our parents struggle we often make a vow or promise to ourselves that we will never end up in the same situation. We need to recognize that we manifested the intention, then explore the lessons from it. Then, shift to the next level of putting new beliefs and behaviors into place. Change your orientation from self-improvement to self-upgrades or up-leveling.
If you are a coach it’s important to stretch your clients but not until they snap. Be sensitive to where they are and give them a step that is reasonable and realistic, like I did with Doreen around energetically releasing her mother from her care.
Subscribe in iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | Android | Google
- Do you feel you have blocks or issues when it comes to money?
- Do you have a lot of debt?
- Do you quickly spend what you have and sabotage your financial success?
- Is it hard for you to ask for what you are worth and is it hard to receive?
- Do you feel guilty when you have money?
- Do you believe it is possible to shift your relationship with money?
Doreen would like to manifest financial abundance into her life.
Doreen’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She may be following in her parent’s financial footsteps.
- She wants to be taken care of.
- She doesn’t want to be like her mother.
- She feels guilty that she is doing better than her mother.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- She needs to parent herself about where true safety comes from.
- She should write a letter to her mother she doesn’t intend to send, about her relationship to money.
- She should make a list of her new belief system about earning, money, and what she wants to create.
- She should stop parenting her mother.
- She should focus on herself and stop playing small.
- Consider if there were any vows you made to yourself as a child such as “I will never be like that” and look at what it is creating in your life. Do those vows need to be re-negotiated?
- If there’s someone you need to break energetic ties to, write them a letter you never mail, stating what you are no longer taking on.
- If you want to up your financial IQ I recommend you read The Abundance Book, The Science of Getting Rich and Money: A Love Story.
Stitch Fix — Shop in a productive way and end up with purchases you actually love, right from home. Use this link to get 25% off when you keep all the items in your box.
Christine Hassler Podcasts
@ChristinHassler on Twitter
@ChristineHassler on Instagram
The PodcastOne Survey
Christy Whitman on Coaches Corner
The Abundance Book, by John Randolph Price
The Science of Getting Rich: How to make money and get the life you want,
by Wallace Wattles
Money: A Love Story: Untangle Your Financial Woes and Create the Life You Really Want, by Kate Northrup