There are endless distractions in our lives. Just one glimpse of Facebook or Snapchat and the next thing you know it’s an hour later and you’ve gone down a rabbit hole. Practicing self-care is not as enticing as our phone, the TV or a glass of wine but the payoff is far, far greater.
But why is self-care so hard sometimes? How come we know we “should” do things like mediation, journaling, exercise, etc but we don’t actually do them (or stick to doing them)? Because self-care can feel like punishment if we don’t have enough fun and play in our lives. Self-care activities are all solo activities, so instead of us feeling replenished after we do these self-supporting things we may feel isolated.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience and as humans, we need 3 types of connections. The first connection humans need is to our higher power (insert your terminology here). The second is to ourselves and the third is to others. If you are not connecting, playing and doing the things that feed your soul then you are going to want to rebel in some way. If we don’t get play in a healthy way then we indulge and procrastinate, all the things which move us away from our self-care practices.
If you know what to do in terms of self-care but you are just not doing it, then you will relate to today’s caller Helen. Helen is wondering why she’s not doing the things that are good for her. She goes through spurts but then she gets busy and goes back to old coping mechanisms.
We are able to change our state at any time but it takes focus, some intention and a willingness to get into a different mindset and heart set. When we start making decisions with our intuition and not with our head, we can consider our options and then “feel” into them to help decide which is the most fun!
If it has been a while since you’ve played and you feel a refresher course is needed listen to this week’s Coaches Corner as I speak to my friend Charlie. Charlie specializes in teaching us how to love and how to play.
Also, I invite all of you to join me for my retreat in magical Bali which will include meditation, yoga, one-on-one coaching and the opportunity to meet soul friends. E-mail Jill@ChristineHassler.com for information on how to join the festivities. And, consider my Secret Sauce event for people who want to uncover their unique secret sauce and up level their business, start a new business or make a career transition.
Subscribe in iTunes
- Are you feeling stuck or blocked with regards to your self-care? Do you know you “should” but don’t seem to do it?
- Do you have a community of like-minded people you are connected to? Are you getting your soul fed?
- Do you make decisions with your head or your heart?
- Do you know how to play in a way which takes your mind off of everything else? When was the last time you actually played?
Helen wants to know why she can’t seem to do the things she knows are good for her.
Helen’s Key Insights and Aha’s:
- She doesn’t feed her soul enough
- She is experiencing an Expectation Hangover about her new endeavors
- She needs some connection and play
How to get over it and on with it:
- She should make decisions with her intuition and not her head
- She should then follow through with the decision her heart makes
- She needs to feed her soul and add more play in her life
Tools and Takeaways:
- Listen to the How to Stop Sabotaging Yourself podcast again.
- Be diligent about connecting with your spiritual, like-minded tribe. And, remember to drop your guard so that you can be truly seen.
- When it comes to decision making, go with what FEELS like it will provide you the most soul food. Make a decision with your heart and then go with it.
Onnit Wellness – Receive a 10% discount on your purchase when you order through this link (including my favorite Alpha Brain).
@christinhassler on Twitter
@christinehassler on Instagram
Secret Sauce Mastermind