This episode is about making yourself a priority and living in the now. Today’s caller, Montana, is wondering what she should do professionally. She is waiting for something to happen instead of making it happen for herself.
We all have seasons in our lives. Our ability to travel to the past and the future in our minds may make us miss out on the present moment. When we are constantly thinking about what is next, we forget about what is now.
When our minds are in the future we are not honoring the season of the life we are in. Consider what season you are in. Are you honoring that season? When you take the time to honor the current season it is easier to leverage the learning opportunities and you will have a greater appreciation for the next season you are in.
Montana found it hard to make a clear choice because she has a fierce inner critic. Often times, clarity comes when we stop thinking about something or we get curious and try different things to get feedback.
Would you like to be coached on this show? E-mail assist@ChristineHassler.com.
Montana would like help navigating through her confidence issues with regards to her professional life.
Montana’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She will be spending the coming year at home with her child.
- She longs to have a passion for what she is doing.
- She feels like she always has to have it all together.
- She was criticized instead of encouraged when she was younger.
- She equated love with validation.
- She should be grateful for where she is right now.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- She should accept the season of life she is in.
- She should feel proud of herself and not make her self-love conditional.
- Every night she should write down three things she is proud of herself for.
- She should be curious about career possibilities.
- If you are self-critical or had an overly critical parent, or parents, you need to reinforce the feeling of pride within yourself. Every night write three things you are proud of yourself for.
- If you are confused about what to do professionally, reach out to people and request an informational interview.
- Consider taking the What Do I Want To Do with My Life career course.
- Enjoy the season you are in and live in the now!
Just Fab — Just in time for boot season! Visit JustFab and fill out your personalized style profile, then sign up as a VIP to get 30% off of every purchase plus, by using this link you can get your first style for a low as $10!