Do you relate to yourself as a constant self-improvement project and find yourself overdosing on personal growth? Maybe, you should take a little break to enjoy life. Being in a state of learning and growing is different than coming from a place of “I need to fix me”. You can not be fixed because you are not broken.
Self-love includes accepting and being gentle with our inner critic when it pops up. We are human. We are not going to love everything about ourselves at all times. Self-love is a daily practice of forgiving ourselves so we can take responsibility for our actions without beating ourselves up.
Today’s caller, Aly, wants to move into acceptance of an illness but she is attempting to do it with a lot of judgment about herself and not from a place of love.
Women endure a lot of negative energy and pain about their bodies. Practice appreciation over criticism and pay attention to the gifts your body brings, rather than the way it looks. If you really want your body to look different, commit to treating it differently. Be mindful of the food and substances you fuel it with. Be committed to moving it in a way that keeps it healthy and fit. Our relationship with our bodies boils down to choices.
If you have a disorder, illness or are going through a job loss, what are you making it mean about you? We can not always control what happens to us but we can control what we make it mean. You can approach it from the orientation of being a true seeker rather than a fix-it project. Being a constant learner allows you to look at the most challenging things in your life through the lens of “What is my soul seeking to learn from this?”
And, be cautious of always being right about your story. Be honest with yourself about how attached you are to your story. Often, people don’t think they are able to change their story, but they may just be attached to it. We need to believe we have the power to shift our relationship to our stories. Pay attention to your “if-then” scenarios. Believing in “When I do this, I will be that” is conditional acceptance.
I am putting together all of my best tools and resources for you. My video course is coming out in October and it will focus on acceptance — because acceptance is the first law of spirit. My gift to you is to be on the list for the first announcement and for the early bird discount. Visit ChristineHassler.com/VIPlist to sign up.
Australia friends, I will be in Sydney from September 27 – October 6. I am scheduling one-on-one sessions, half-day intensives and full day intensives. Sunday, October 2nd, I will be leading a workshop on building a meaningful and profitable business with heart. Email Jill@ChristineHassler.com for my scheduled openings.
Also, applications are available for my Secret Sauce program which can help you take your business to the next level. Email Jill@ChristineHassler.com for program details.
Subscribe in iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | Android | Google
- Do you see yourself as a constant self-improvement project?
- Do you approach self-love with an all or nothing attitude?
- Are you hard on yourself — Especially your body?
- Is there something you are attempting to get rid of by sweeping it under the rug or hating it?
Aly has spent many years trying to get rid of chronic disease and would like to know how to accept it and get unstuck.
Aly’s Key Insights and Aha’s:
- She feels she is not good enough
- She can’t seem to accept who she is
- She is afraid to be happy
- She uses her weight as a happiness meter
- She abuses herself and feels guilty about it
How to get over it and on with it:
- She needs to realize she is not broken
- She should get the anger out by writing letters to the guys who broke her heart
- She should write an apology letter to her body
- She should give her body a love bath every morning
- By realizing she is proud of herself
Assignments and Takeaways:
- Give yourself permission to write an F-U letter — write it and then destroy it.
- Write an apology letter to your body using these sentence stems:
- I’m sorry because…
- I’m learning from you that…
- I forgive myself for…
- I forgive you, body, for…
- Give yourself a body love bath.
- Make self-honoring choices and make new agreements with yourself.
Onnit Wellness – Receive a 10% discount on your purchase when you order through this link.
Audible – Free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial.
New Video Series VIP List
Christine Hassler Podcasts
Christine Hassler Free E-book
@chrishassler on Snapchat
@christinhassler on Twitter
@christinehassler on Instagram