This call is about identifying and overcoming the blocks to help you step fully into your business. Today’s caller, Katie, wants to know how to overcome the fear and perfectionism that is blocking her from building her new Life Coaching business.
We discuss the root of the fear that is holding her back because it doesn’t matter how big our vision is, we can’t bypass our fears until we heal the root of the fear.
Coaches and people on a personal growth path with a lot of awareness tend to judge themselves harshly because they feel they should know better. It’s important to let go of the pressure and be tender with ourselves.
When self-love has high stakes, it’s hard to get momentum because we are protecting ourselves from ourselves. We sabotage ourselves because we are afraid to move forward and fail in any way. We should accept ourselves where we are now, change our internal dialogue, and allow our internal perfectionist to calm down.
Tell your inner perfectionist it is OK to be vulnerable. You don’t have to be perfect. Invest in yourself. Be your own best client and come together with your tribe.
To build a soul tribe you need these elements:
- A coach or healers to provide guidance and support who coach you in a healthy way.
- Mentors to go to for advice and encouragement.
- Peers and a support team to ask for help, to celebrate with, and if need be, cry on their shoulders.
- People to serve and give back to.
Would you like to become a masterful, profitable coach? Join me in Sydney, Australia in October to fast-track the success of your coaching business. Visit Christine’s Master Class for more information.
I am also holding a one-day Women’s Retreat for 10 women on April 13, 2018, in Sydney. It’s a condensed version of my signature retreat. Email Jill@ChristineHassler.com to sign up.
And, all Coaches and Therapists can join me on June 30 and July 1st in San Diego for a workshop designed to assist both experienced and new coaches to take their coaching business to the next level. Email Jill@ChristineHassler for more information or visit Coach Training.Subscribe in iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | Android | Google
- Do you want to start a new business or make a change but feel blocked by fear?
- Do you relate to being a perfectionist?
- Were you raised by a parent who had high expectations of you and now you internalize those expectations?
- Do you feel connected to and supported by a soul tribe you can be yourself and completely vulnerable with?
Katie wants help to move past her fear and create the business she’s always wanted.
Katie’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She has a vision but fears moving forward.
- She comes from an immigrant background.
- She was taught to play it safe.
- She is protecting herself from herself.
- She desires the support and encouragement of her mother.
- Her mother placed high expectations on her.
- She experienced and was taught scarcity.
- She was taught not to be weak.
- Her perfectionism has served her and protected her.
- She wants to tap into her spirituality.
How to get over it and on with it:
- She should have compassion for herself.
- She needs to build her soul family to support her.
- She should flex her receiving muscle.
- She needs to find a new source of motivation.
- She should set up two chairs and coach herself as she would a client.
Assignments and Takeaways:
- Don’t make your perfectionist wrong. Look at how it has served you.
- What is the fuel that drives your motivation? Inspiration and your why is better than expectations and perfectionism.
- Write out the way you want to mother, father, or coach yourself. You need the voice of a loving coach inside.
- Build your soul family.
Freshbooks is easy-to-use cloud accounting software for self-employed professionals. Freshbooks helps you master your business with online payments and project management options. Receive an unrestricted 30-day free trial, just in time for tax time by using OVERITANDONWITHIT in the how did you hear about us section.
Daily Harvest — Super easy to prepare, organic superfoods delivered to your door. Use promo code OVERIT to get 3 free Daily Harvest cups added to your first box.
Christine Hassler — Join the Free Over It and On With It Community
Assist@ChristineHassler.com — For men interested in being on the show