The New Year is just around the corner along with the tradition of making resolutions, which are usually promises to do something “more, better, or different.” We vow to exercise more, get a better job, meditate regularly, fall in love, or find a different way to handle our stress. But does this really do us any good? Most of us start the New Year with the greatest of intentions, yet by March (or even by the second week in January) we may not find ourselves so resolved. We revert back to old patterns and beat ourselves up for not sticking to our resolutions. Could there be a way to ring in 2015 that serves us better?
YES! And it has been my New Year ritual for the past ten years. But first I want to invite you to my annual goal and intention setting workshop on 1/6. Join us live or online. All the details for that here.
And now onto the ritual . . . in the video I walk you through it and explain what MUST happen for it to be effective (you have to watch the video to get that part!).
Many of you have joined me in this ritual, which is a co-creative process of reflection and intention setting over the years. To amp up this powerful process I have recorded a FREE guided visualization and meditation as an extra special addition! Go here to get it.
The night of December 31st will come and go (and no one will remember what you wore) so instead of just trying to plan an epic evening, set your sights on co-creating an epic year!!
Here is an overview of my New Year’s ritual, I invite you to follow this step-by-step process and amend it any way that inspires you:
1. On December 31st carve out at least an hour of uninterrupted time for yourself. Create the mood – get comfy, quiet, light a candle, put on some music. Begin by writing in a journal your “Year in Review.” Month by month recall events that happened, people you met, places you visited, lessons you learned, accomplishments, blessings, struggles, funny moments and so on. What is so great about looking at the year in this way is that you are able to notice how you have grown and express gratitude for all your learnings.
2. If you so choose, share your year in review with someone close to you. See what they recall, reminisce, and share a couple laughs.
3. After you have gone through the year, consider the behavior, beliefs or habits that you’d like to leave behind. We all have our regrets, bad habits, and learning experiences; yet, a lot of us tend to cling to them much longer than we need to. On a separate sheet of paper, write down what you would like to leave behind in 2013. For example: being obsessed with an ex, bad eating habits, laziness, limiting beliefs, repetitive/ disruptive thoughts, overuse of Facebook, consistent self-scrutiny, road rage, swearing and so on. When you complete this list, burn it or rip it up into tiny pieces to really let it go!
4. Make a toast (I like to do it with Kombucha!) to the end of the year. Say a prayer of gratitude for 2014, declare you are letting it go, and blow out the candle you lit. At midnight on December 31st 2014, toast to releasing anything that no longer serves you and to receiving that which is life affirming.
5. On January 1st, begin to co-create/manifest 2015. Light a new candle. . . again, set the mood. Meditate for at least five minutes. And if you have not ever meditated, the first day of the new year is a great day to start! All meditation requires is being still and listening to the sound of your breath. If your mind wanders, just bring it back to the breath. Meditation is important to do before you begin to manifest so you create and visualize from the authentic self rather than the ego. To support you, I made this special New Year’s meditation.
6. After your meditation is complete and you are tuned into your most authentic channel to download from the Divine, you are ready to start visioning your 2015! You are ready to start visioning your 2015! Begin by getting a blank sheet of unlined paper. As a suggestion, write at the top, “This or something better for the highest good of all concerned. And so it is.”
7. Without thinking or analyzing, write down anything and everything that comes to mind that you would like to co-create/manifest in 2015. Be specific, be creative and think big; however, your list should be at least 70 percent possible and believable. Write until your brain is empty – don’t worry about being greedy! The Universe loves to be generous!!! Important: write everything in present tense in the “I am” and use verbs to enthusiastically and specifically express what you want. For instance, “I am joyfully and easily securing a new job that is professionally fulfilling and offers me the opportunity to do what I love.
8. Choose a place to display your list where you can see it regularly, treat it as something sacred. Or you can create a manifestation box and include this list as well as pictures and objects that are symbolic or meaningful to you.
9. Frequently throughout the year, review your list (everyday is ideal). Read what you wrote aloud and feel free to add to it. January 1st is not the only day of the year in which you can call in what you want! I encourage you to think about the list frequently and believe in the possibility of your manifestation power.
10. Throughout the year, observe with gratitude as things in your life begin to manifest. Celebrate AND do not beat yourself up or get discouraged over what is not happening. Focusing more on what is abundant in our lives ALREADY is the best way to generate more abundance. And remember that sometimes our time-line and the Universe’s time-line may be different.
Resolve to live your life in alignment with what you truly want to manifest. Rid yourself of any emotional, mental, physical, or interpersonal clutter so that you can get out of your own way. The thing about the co-creating and manifestation is that it takes action as well as thought and belief, so resolve this year to take steps to truly LIVE your best life.
Again, you can download my New Year’s guided visualization here.
Please leave a comment share what you are leaving behind in 2014 and co-creating in 2015 so I can celebrate with you!!
p.s. Join us live or online for my annual New Year intention and goal setting workshop. I’ll be teaching a transformational goal-setting process that will make manifesting your dreams A LOT easier. And if you joined us last year, you will get NEW content not just a review. Go here to grab your spot.
p.p.s. I would love to support you in making 2015 your best year yet. Invest in yourself and join me on my “New Year, BE YOU” retreat or consider applying for my Secret Sauce lifestyle business training program. But act fast because both begin in January and we have one spot left in each!