Hello and welcome to my introductory podcast. This podcast is fulfilling a dream I had as a little girl. Ever since listening to Dr. Laura Schlessinger on the radio, I have wanted to have a call-in advice show. I loved to hear people gaining insight and having aha moments on the radio in just 5-10 minutes.
If you are new to my work you are probably wondering, just what is an expectation hangover? An expectation hangover is when things don’t go according to plan, when we don’t get the sense of fulfillment after something does happen or when life throws us a total curve ball.
This show will be a mix of practical and spiritual information to help callers (and the rest of us by default) break free from suffering and disappointment.
To get our friendship started, I am sharing my story with you and sharing the moment I had of peace and connection. It only lasted a second, but its effects will last a lifetime.
I welcome you to shift your consciousness, to heal your mind and ease your transitions.
- Who am I?
- What do I want and how do I get it?
- What makes time stop for me?
- What am I learning?
- What’s here for me to heal?
Key Insights and Aha’s:
- Visualization through meditation told me to serve more. This podcast gave me the outlet.
- When you listen to someone else being coached your defenses are down allowing you to take in the information more freely.
- Self-imposed shame and judgments can stunt our growth.
- How to get over it and on with it:
- Milk it for all that it’s worth.
- Recognize that even the things which feel miserable are in service to our growth learning and healing.
- Understand your suffering could be the catalyst for your passion.
Tools and Takeaways:
5 Key Valuable Lessons of Expectation Hangovers
- They illuminate that we all put a lot of expectation on ourselves.
- They teach us we don’t have control.
- They push us out of our comfort zone.
- They teach us to live inside out instead of outside in.
- They teach us to move out of the victim mentality.
- Christine Hassler
- Expectation Hangover
- 20-Something, 20-Everything
“Who are you? You may want to answer with a role you play but take the time to really think about it.”
“Expectation hangovers provide us with valuable lessons, here are 5.”
“Live your life as the fullest, most authentic expression of you and you will have no regrets.”
p.s. Would you like a behind the scenes look into all of my lifehacks? The
doors to my Inner Circle are open and you can receive regular coaching from
me, learn incredible new personal growth tools and lifestyle tips, receive
a custom meditation each month, and be a part of an awesome community of
like-minded people! Go here to learn more.