WITH CHRISTINE HASSLER
EP 79: Stop Self-Sabotaging and Go For Your Goals with Drew
I acknowledge Drew for being honest, real and raw during our call. He is a seeker who is committed to his growth. He truly believes he is worthy and is committed to shifting.
Often, we doubt ourselves because we haven’t made the changes we want, or haven’t achieved as much as we would like. The discomfort that comes from the feeling of not living into our potential, and the seeker who emerges from within us, are feedback to let us know we are well on our way. We do not optimize ourselves overnight. Part of living into our potential is feeling and dealing with the pain of not being there yet. It’s how we polish the diamond of our spirit.
The problem is we label it as suffering because it’s uncomfortable. What if feeling a desire to transform is a symptom of being a seeker? It’s important to keep going. You will eventually feel a shift. You will start feeling less pain and more purpose. Your focus will shift from yourself to your mission and vision. You will heal core wounds and let go of limiting beliefs. This will attract different things into your life.
What you do is not as important as how you do it. Allow your choices and subsequent actions to come from a place of self-love, acceptance, and service.
A podcast I did with my friend Aubrey on his podcast is a great supplemental resource to this session with Drew. We talked a lot about self-love, judgment, and the inner critic. The Aubrey Marcus Podcast #89 — Self-Love and Psychedelic Medicine.
Retreat Information — Bali is a place of healing. I have been visiting for 10 years, so my retreats offer an authentic Balinese experience, in addition to the retreat work. Enrollment is now open for the upcoming Bali Retreat in September. Step into your dreams. Don’t let excuses stop you. Contact Jill@ChristineHassler.com to sign up.
Learn ways to trust yourself in my Inner Circle private membership community.
- Have you overcome huge obstacles, but still don’t feel over the hump, or are still facing large obstacles?
- Do you feel like you have something to prove, and is it often the fuel that drives you?
- Are your self-worth and self-love conditional?
- Do you have an expectation to be strong and confident, but feel rejected on the inside?
Drew would like to know how to stop self-sabotaging himself and how to find the strength to pursue and achieve his goals.
Drew’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- He knows he is not broken.
- He feels he needs to prove himself.
- He sees himself through a lens of judgment.
- He puts conditions on his self-worth.
- He has a huge, low ego.
- He has felt invisible and rejected most of his life.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- He needs to create a daily practice around own his worth.
- He needs to become a better friend to himself.
- He should remove the conditions he puts on love, acceptance, and worthiness.
- He needs to stop trying to prove himself.
- He should use the Release Writing exercise in Expectation Hangover before meditating.
- When he feels himself drifting into self-sabotage he should remind himself of his why, his worth, and his true value, and feel love.
- Examine what is driving your behavior.
- Write out your conditions of worthiness.
- Write out new rules, or the truth about your worthiness.
- Try a heart meditation. Allow love to fill your entire physical being.
Christine Hassler Podcasts
Inner Circle Membership Community
Find me on Snapchat @chrishassler
@christinhassler on Twitter
@christinehassler on Instagram
Jill@Christinehassler.com for Bali Retreat Information
Bali Retreat Enrollment Page
The Aubrey Marcus Podcast #89
I’m dealing with real world obstacles but I can see hope. I’m optimistic regardless of the challenges I have. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet.
You can’t help someone else with a chip on your shoulder. If you do, you are only helping them, to make you feel better. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet
Whenever we have something to prove or when we try to compensate, we end up sabotaging ourselves. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet