WITH CHRISTINE HASSLER
EP 80: How to Get Over Anxiety with Nicole
This episode is about freeing yourself from pain and anxiety. Today’s caller, Nicole, is struggling to find her true intuition. She feels it may be lost to her, or clouded over by her deep-seated anxiety. She has used her anxiety for many years to protect herself, but she now realizes it is time to get over it and on with it. We made a beautiful discovery together I hope helps you connect some of the puzzle pieces in your own life.
The wonderful thing about pain and anxiety is that we have the power to free ourselves from it. Many of the overwhelming feelings we are having now are rooted somewhere in our past. Something devastating caused our young minds to create a program to follow, so we didn’t have to feel that way ever again.
As we grow, the ability to address our fears, and overcome our ‘victim story’ becomes available to us. We are able to comfort our younger selves by self-parenting and through work that is healing.
We also have the ability to acknowledge our need for protection, thank it for its service to us, and move our energy to where we need it now. We can then replace our impulsive responses with our inner voice, which is guided by our intuition. When we find our higher purpose, we find another more self-honoring, self-supportive way to get it.
- Do you suffer from anxiety? Is there something you would like to be free of?
- Whenever you try anything new, does it come with a lot of fear?
- Do you prefer control over uncertainty?
- Did something happen in your past that might still be impacting you, but you are not sure what to do about it?
Nicole has anxiety-driven panic attacks, and lacks self-confidence. She longs to have a deeper life and become connected to the world.
Nicole’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She uses her anxiety as a source of protection.
- She needs to feel she is in control of a situation.
- As a child, she felt vulnerable.
- Her intuition will be clearer when anxiety subsides.
- She needs to respond rather than react.
- It’s OK for her to make mistakes.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- She should tell her younger self, “things will be alright.”
- Say, “I accept,” and then, “I am choosing to.”
- Interrupt the patterns of anxiety.
- Turn up the volume of her calm inner voice.
- Understand the difference between resignation and acceptance.
- Think about the “big deals,” or significant events in your life. What belief systems were formed then, that might be impacting you today?
- Tell yourself the things you needed to hear during your “big deals.”
- Understand that it was not your fault.
- How does your protective mechanism serve you? Give it a new job description.
Christine Hassler Podcasts
Inner Circle Membership Community
Find me on Snapchat @chrishassler
@christinhassler on Twitter
@christinehassler on Instagram
Jill@Christinehassler.com for Bali Retreat Information
Bali Retreat Enrollment Page
It is possible to be free from pain and suffering but many of us don’t have the tools to help us heal. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet
Keep listening to your intuition and keep fighting for your liberation. Freedom from pain and suffering is possible. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet
There is so much pain in the human experience but you can overcome it. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet