We don’t just arrive at our full potential. We take steps to move into our full potential by not limiting ourselves, by sharing our gifts, by expressing ourselves authentically, and by going after what we truly want and not feeling any guilt or shame about it wanting it or having it. We fear success and are worried about what other people will think or feel, particularly leaving people behind, because we are growing at different rates. We doubt the goodness coming into our lives and we wait for the other shoe to drop. We end up sabotaging our health, wealth and relationships. But why?
Sara had a habit of creating intimacy through people needing her, through pleasing people or through having a problem or issue she could commiserate about. She would make herself small to create a bond or connection with someone else. I helped her realize what was the payoff of why she was scared to shine her light.
- Are you currently, or has there been a time in the past, where things start going great and you sabotage it?
- Are you afraid of shining your light because of what other people might think or you may leave people behind?
- Do you long to feel connected to people so much that you engage in people pleasing or caretaking just because you want to feel like you matter and you want to be connected?
- Are you willing to admit that you live in a scarcity mindset instead of an abundant mindset?
Sara would like to break her cycle of self-sabotage when it comes to her business and health.
Sara’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She fears she will be separate if she lets herself shine.
- She may be addicted to suffering.
- She is scared to disrupt the dynamic that creates intimacy.
- She is afraid of how powerful she really is.
- She grew up in a scarcity mindset.
- She is trying to be in both scarcity and abundance.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- She needs a new picture of what success and health will look like for her.
- She should shine brightly from her essence without comparing it to others.
- She needs to shine so she can empower others to do the same.
- If you are engaging in self-sabotaging behavior, determine what the payoff is. Write down a new way to get the same payoff. Reflect on any limited beliefs you may have inherited.
- Think about people who are shining their light and how they inspire you. Get a new picture of what living into your new potential looks like.
- Write down what your life would look like if you were shining brightly.
THRIVE Market — is an online market that sells organic products at 25-50% off. They ship directly to your door. Thrive is offering $60 of free organic groceries plus shipping and a free 30-day trial to my community if they use this special link.
Daily Harvest — Organic Superfoods delivered to your door. Use promo code OVERIT to get 3 free Daily Harvest cups added to your first box.
Tweetables:Why is it the closer we get to what we want the more unconsciously we push it away or fear it?https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet Don’t be afraid to shine your light and live into your full potential.https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet When we shine brightly, it comes not from our ego but from our essence.https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet