This episode is about breaking out of a self-imposed prison cell and taking a conscious action which will lead to change. Today’s caller, Shanna, needs to squelch her limiting beliefs and embrace her strengths and her power.
Shanna has been punishing herself. Shame does that to us. When we feel ashamed about something we overcompensate and that becomes our punishment.
Anytime we are in overcompensation mode and do not allow ourselves to live the life we really want, we keep ourselves in a self-imposed prison.
It’s a humbling thing to realize that we are the common denominator in situations we don’t want. But, it’s important that we don’t blame ourselves. When we find ourselves at this crossroads, it is time to start creating the things we want instead of the things we don’t want.
Where are you procrastinating and what will it take for you to change?
One of my favorite ways to empower people is teaching retreats. So, in March 2018, I am hosting my annual signature retreat. It is an intense, 3-day, women-only spring event with only 20 spaces available. This is the last time I will lead the retreat, as I am training others. To find out more e-mail Jill@christinehassler.com or check out Spring Retreat.
- Do you feel stuck in a job or relationship and you feel you can’t get out of it?
- Do you feel over-responsible in your life but is responsibility an area that could use some growth?
- Are you really free? Are you locked in a self-imposed prison because you don’t think you have any choices?
- Do you procrastinate in making a change until you are forced to do so?
Shanna is having a hard time leaving a job she feels is a toxic environment.
Shanna’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She feels she may not find a better job.
- She doesn’t feel worthy of help.
- Parenting is the hardest thing she’s ever done.
- She felt shame around her pregnancy.
- She is brutally hard on herself.
- She doesn’t believe she can make an internal shift.
- Her fear-based predictions of how things will go are off.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- She should start looking for another job.
- She needs to believe she can succeed at what she wants to do.
- She should avoid letting her outer experience dictate her inner experience.
- She should remove the word ‘try’ from her vocabulary.
- She should uplevel her responsibility and embrace her power and strength.
- She should write out her plan of action.
- You have the ability to respond to situations in life as you choose. How are you choosing to respond to things?
- If you are stuck, what is your why? Why are you procrastinating and making excuses?
- Stop trying to ‘figure things out.’ Make the necessary internal shifts and take action.
Daily Harvest — Organic Superfoods delivered right to your door. Use promo code OVERIT to get 3 free Daily Harvest cups added to your first box.
Stitch Fix — Shop in a productive way and end up with purchases you actually love, right from home. Use this link to get 25% off when you keep all the items in your box.