This call is about depression and suicidal thoughts. Today’s caller, Natasha, has gone to a very dark place and is searching for the point of her life. One of the reasons so many people feel depressed is because they feel alone — like they don’t belong and that they don’t matter. It’s not true. You are not alone, you do belong and you do matter.
When you are in a dark place, you feel hopeless, that you are a burden, or that people won’t understand you, you must talk about it. You do not have to go through it on your own. If you feel like there is no one to reach out to and you have had suicidal thoughts call the Suicide Prevention Hotline (800-273-8255).
When a person feels separate from everyone else and in a dark place, they truly believe they won’t be missed and they are a burden. Suicide sounds like a selfish act and it’s not something that can be made sense of. If you hold resentment to anyone who has attempted to or been successful at taking their own life, it doesn’t serve you. Let it go and stop trying to make sense of it.
The recipe for depression is feeling alone and suppressed feelings. If you feel your entire existence is a burden to others you may be questioning the purpose of your life. If you relate to this, I encourage you to get more connected. It involves reaching out, asking for help, and connecting to a higher power.
It is important to develop a spiritual practice. All of us have access to love from the universe. Love yourself enough to explore and deepen the connection.
Join me in San Diego June 30 & July 1st to fast-track the success of your health or life coaching business. If you have a service-based business, visit Christine’s Master Class for more information or email Jill@ChristineHassler.com to sign up.
- Have you ever questioned the point of your life?
- Have you ever had suicidal thoughts even for a fleeting moment?
- Do you struggle with depression? If you do, do you hide it from others and feel maybe feel guilty because your life looks good from the outside?
- Do you feel like you belong?
- Do you feel connected to yourself, to others or to the universe?
Natasha battles with seeing the point of her life and is asking for help.
Natasha’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She has attempted to hurt herself.
- She was scared and asked for help.
- She can get to a really dark place.
- She doesn’t feel useful to the people around her.
- She feels like a burden.
- She suppresses her thoughts and feelings.
- She feels separate from everyone.
- She lacks self-love.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- She needs to express everything she has held inside for decades.
- She should do the emotional release tools from Expectation Hangover.
- She needs to connect to a higher power.
- She needs to ask the universe for help, love, and support.
- She needs to drop the pressure and guilt she places on herself.
- She should see a somatic therapist.
Assignments For You:
- Reach out for help and let go of any shame you feel about it.
- Drop the pressure of having it all together. Don’t feel bad about reaching out for help when you feel sad.
- Ask the universe for help and for connection.
- Go find joy in living your life.
Havenly — helps you create beautifully designed spaces with an interior designer based on your unique style. Take the freestyle quiz and get the guaranteed best prices when you order direct from Havenly. Use the link above for 25% off your first design package.
Fabletics — offers premium activewear at a great value. They have the world’s best leggings. Fabletics delivers on performance and style. Use the link to take the style quiz and get two pairs of leggings for just $24! *VIP’s save 40-50% off retail and get extra perks.
Christine Hassler — Join the Free Over It and On With It Community
Assist@ChristineHassler.com — For men interested in being on the show