If you have a passion, a calling, or a gift you want to share with the world but you can’t seem to get it started or make a living at it, then you will love this episode. Today’s caller, Layla, has a passion for music and would like guidance on how to share her gift fully with the world. We decode the major block that commonly gets in the way of sharing one’s gifts with the world.
If you have dreams, gifts to share, or a deep calling, do not give up. That calling, dream, or gift is there for a reason. Your gifts are not random. They are there for your enjoyment and for your expression. It’s important for our soul and emotional well-being to feel like we are expressing our gifts and passions in some way.
If you are feeling stuck, consider how your gifts or the things you love may have some negative experiences attached. Maybe when you were expressing your gifts as a kid it was a way to soothe yourself in your chaotic environment. Maybe you were teased for expressing your gifts or being yourself. Maybe your gifts made you feel different so it brought about a sense of separation. Or maybe because of your gifts and your passions you felt or still feel like a bit of a black sheep in your family and you are terrified that if you fully express it you will be ostracized.
Your soul knows exactly what you are here to do and how to make it happen. Your body, your cell memory, and your unconscious mind are just a bit scared because of your past trauma or challenges. So, to fully step into your purpose and gift, update your belief and make it safe to express them.
To celebrate this podcast’s 3rd year anniversary, there is a contest to win a free one-on-one, 30-min PRIVATE coaching session with me. If you want to win, search for the Over It and On With It podcast on iTunes and leave a rating and review. Take a screenshot of the review and then enter your name, email and add the screenshot of the review on ChristineHassler.com/Anniversary. There are prizes for the 2nd and 3rd place winners also.
- Do you know what you want to do but you just can’t seem to make a living at it?
- Are you working for a paycheck but you’d rather be making money sharing your gifts with the world?
- Did you grow up in an environment where you had to parent yourself?
- Would you say you are a bit of a self-help junkie, going from person to person and changes stick for a while but then you backtrack?
Layla has been chasing a dream but feels she has lost her way. She wants guidance on how to live fully into her potential.
Layla’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She’s a musician and an artist.
- She is a sensitive person.
- She has rejection and abandonment issues.
- She grew up in a toxic environment.
- She used her music as a way to cope.
- She’s done a lot of self-help work but regresses.
- She never felt as if she had a parent.
- She doesn’t feel safe.
- Her puppy has shown her what unconditional love is.
- She believed she wasn’t worthy.
- She has an upper limits issue.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- She needs to realize that she needs to go through the healing phase before she can shine her light.
- She should re-parent herself.
- She should investigate somatic, EMDR, and tapping therapies.
- She needs to re-negotiate the agreements she has made with herself.
- She needs to create a new physiological response at times when she feels scared.
Assignments For You:
- Explore your gifts. Think about the things you really loved to do in your childhood.
- Make it safe for yourself to express your gifts. Be kind and patient with yourself.
- Instigate behavioral changes. Start expressing and putting yourself out there.
- If you feel unsafe or nervous, put one hand on your chest, one hand on your belly. Take three deep breaths and repeat “I’m safe. I’m safe. It’s safe for me to express. It’s safe for me to be me. I’m safe.”
Express — No time for an outfit change after work? Express rewrites the rules of dressing for a job, with style by delivering fashion-forward essentials to your door. Express has pants, worktops, dresses, and more. Listeners to Over It and On With It will receive $25 off when you spend $100 by using the code ‘4843’ during in-store or online checkout.
Christine Hassler — Join the Free Over It and On With It Community.
To watch episodes of coaching sessions, go to Youtube.com/christinehassler
Assist@ChristineHassler.com — If you want to be a guest on this show.
Tweetables:Often, fear will trump truth because we don’t want to re-experience pain. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet The Avoidance Trap is when we spend a lot of energy going after what we don’t want instead of going after what we do want. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet Your soul knows exactly what you are here to do and how to make it happen. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet