This call is about seeking an external change to fill an internal void. Today’s caller, Leigh, wants to make a career change because she is not fulfilled by her current career. But her career switch is not the priority, it is about healing and breaking patterns. This call is important for any of you who feel stuck, who want to make a change, especially a career change, but are not doing it.
Practical decisions are often fear-influenced decisions. Fear-influenced decisions are not wrong. We feel we have to make decisions that give us more certainty. But, we sacrifice a lot of our beliefs, our magic, and our dreams when we do. As human beings, we learn through contrast, so it is OK to make fear-influenced decisions.
There are a lot of reasons why we do not make the changes we want to make. It can come back to childhood wounding and it can also be because we don’t have the right foundation.
We often seek out relationships or careers to give us what we didn’t get in childhood. For example, you might be seeking out someone in a relationship who makes you feel safe. Or, you may be seeking out a career to make you feel self-expressed and free. Many of our quests for fulfillment are a call for healing. But, remember, we never want to use something external to fill an internal void.
Empaths are sponges. We soak up a lot of information. One of the tendencies of empaths is that we take too much of other people’s guidance. We take on people’s feelings and accept what people tell us we should do. If you are an empath, think about that, feel into that. Do you allow other people to tell you who you are and what you should do, versus trusting your own discernment?
- Do you feel a call to do something different but can’t seem to make the change?
- Did you grow up feeling like you had the attention you desired and deserved or are you starved for attention and emotional expression?
- Are you in a relationship where you feel fully supported?
- Are you afraid to speak your needs and go after your dream?
Leigh wants to make a career change and would like guidance about how to follow her dreams.
Leigh’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She is interested in a career in personal development or healing arts.
- She is currently a lawyer but not passionate about her work.
- She has two children under five.
- She loves deep conversations.
- She needs financial security.
- People always question what her heart desires.
- She felt alone and not heard as a child.
- She wants to follow her heart.
- She is an empathetic, feelings-based person.
- Her husband doesn’t understand why she needs a change.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- Prioritize herself and her marriage.
- Talk with a coach or therapist where she can feel heard and supported.
- Get into the habit of expressing her emotions.
- Express herself in her marriage.
- Get a consistent, habitual form of support in a therapeutic environment.
- Remember, there is divine timing for everything.
- If you feel you are not moving forward in the direction you want, it doesn’t mean you’re not moving forward. You may have to re-route your path.
Christine Hassler — Join the Free Over It and On With It Community
Jill@ChristineHassler.com — For information on any of my services.
Tweetables:Practical decisions are often fear-influenced decisions. Click To Tweet When we say we are looking for fulfillment, it means we are looking to fill a void. Click To Tweet There is divine timing for everything. Click To Tweet