This call is about restoration and compassion. Today’s caller, Yaira, keeps going, going, going until she burns herself out. She is committed to believing that it is just who she is but the crux of this call is when she says she was trying to escape her circumstances. If you relate to being uncomfortable in stillness you will find this call useful.
For any of you who have grown up in a chaotic home, it is common for you to want to go, go, go because stillness brought up feelings of how long is it going to be before the other shoe drops? Stillness can feel traumatic because you are bracing yourself for something bad to come. If you relate to feeling like this, you have to reorient your body, your inner child, and your subconscious mind to stillness. Reinforce the idea that just because you are still it doesn’t mean you are trapped or in danger.
If you feel you have already done a lot of personal development work, know that you are not done. You are never done. Just accept it. The hard work is at the beginning. What phase are you in on your personal growth journey?
There are some of you who are very aware and who have lived in a “house” that has been constructed for a while and continue doing maintenance. But, others of you are still in the personal development building stage where there is a lot of work yet to do. It’s OK. Please don’t discredit the work you have done just because you have more work to do. Don’t minimize what you have done because there is something else you discovered that needs healing.
- Are you passionate and committed to things, but sometimes you burn yourself out and don’t know how to stop?
- Do you trust yourself?
- Do you have issues with not pacing yourself?
- Do you ever feel like you are out of control? You want to do a lot of things but feel like you have no stop button?
- Is there something in your life, your past perhaps, you are trying to escape from?
Yaira wants to push projects forward but experiences burn out and would like guidance on how to break her “negative” habits.
Yaira’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She gets excited about starting new projects.
- She experiences burnout when she pushes herself too hard.
- She feels safe and grounded in some aspects but fearful in others.
- She can be overindulgent.
- She does not trust herself to set limitations or boundaries.
- She does not have strong family bonds.
- She grew up in a chaotic household and had to figure things out by herself.
- She has not realized how much her past has impacted her.
- She has done a lot of personal development work.
- She wants to be in full control of her life.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- Find a way to work with her energy in a way that conserves her energy.
- Tell her younger self that she is free and has dominion over her life.
- Call forward her inner parent.
- Do a body scan or yoga practice to restore her body.
- Speak to herself with compassion.
- If you are passionate, make sure to balance yourself out by being compassionate. Passion is fire energy, and it will burn you out if you do not balance it out.
- Find the voice of your inner parents and explain things to yourself.
- Find your “pull” motivation. Consider how much of what you are doing is motivated by “push or away from” energy versus the “toward energy” that pulls you toward your vision.
Rothy’s — Get your new favorite stylish, comfortable, versatile shoes made from eco-friendly material, including repurposed plastic water bottles and marine plastics from Rothy’s. They are the softest shoes you will ever put on your feet. Check out the newest colors and latest styles from Rothy’s by using this link Rothys.com/over.
Christine Hassler — Join the Free Over It and On With It Community
Jill@ChristineHassler.com — For information on any of my services.
Tweetables:Restoration is the best thing you can do for your body, your health, and your wealth. Click To Tweet A good way to develop self-trust is explaining things to yourself. It will activate the voice of your inner parent. Click To Tweet The more passionate you are, the more compassion you need. Click To Tweet