WITH CHRISTINE HASSLER
Coaches Corner: Reair: EP 59: How to Feel More Connected Spiritually and Have Faith with Toni
The human experience is a beautiful thing, even when it’s challenging. It is sacred when someone is vulnerable. Today’s caller, Toni, shares her vulnerability as she asks for guidance. She reveals that many of the decisions of her life come from a place of fear. Toni is confused about what security and love really are. We talk about having a relationship with a higher power especially after she has gone through times in her life when she didn’t feel there was any kind of God.
There IS some kind of higher power. There are so many names for it, so many ways people interpret it, but to me, it is infinite unconditional love. It may be hard to believe in any kind of God, when there is so much suffering in the world. The best way I can attempt to understand all the horrible things that happen, is that they happen as a result of human choice and free will.
While many human choices are still made from a place of pain and fear, we are in a time of awakening. We are in a massive shift in consciousness. What is available to us all, is to make the choice to see the world through spiritual eyes. See ourselves through more spiritual eyes, without judgment; to see through the eyes of infinite and unconditional love. To heal our own pain that is preventing us from feeling connected to a higher power. We are moving into more acceptance, forgiveness and gratitude.
If you are craving a deeper spiritual connection, please don’t wait for God to prove itself to you — instead, open your heart, and pray to be shown the way.
You are a spiritual being having a human experience. You are one. You are love. You are connected.
- Do you feel you are operating more out of fear than faith?
- Are you making a lot of decisions with fear or self-doubt?
- Are you a people pleaser, who is afraid of disappointing people?
- Is connecting to a higher power challenging to you? If you do have a connection, would you like to deepen it?
- Are there situations in your life that make you doubt whether a God exists?
Toni feels all aspects of her life are affected by her making decisions from a place of fear. She would like to find a way to think more productively.
Toni’s Key Insights and Aha’s:
- She fears failing and disappointing people.
- Her self-worth is based on her people pleasing.
- She’s confused about what security and love really are.
- She hasn’t felt protected, or connected to her spirituality, since her father passed.
- She feels like she would be clearer, if she had a spiritual connection.
- She has been operating in survival mode.
- She should know she is not broken.
- She can change her relationship with herself, today.
- She can focus on her blessings, not on her fears.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- She should realize she can access her spirituality.
- She should start processing her pain, and remove judgment, to arrive at forgiveness and love.
- She should put herself in an environment where she can heal.
- She can start cultivating her relationship with God, by talking to him/her.
Assignments and Takeaways:
- What is in your way of a connection to a higher power?
- What is keeping you in patterns of people pleasing and indecision?
- Do you have old trauma that needs to be processed?
- What beliefs may be keeping you from having beliefs?
- What religious upbringing did you have, which no longer resonates with you?
- You need to find which truth resonates with you.
- Look for a spiritual community of people who are committed to awakening, and who know we are all connected to source.
- Start to develop a relationship with your higher power.
- Pray for experiences, feelings, and pray to be shown the way.