WITH CHRISTINE HASSLER
EP 75: Removing Blocks to Being in a Relationship with Leila
Today’s episode is about manifesting a relationship. Leila has been impacted by her father’s happiness, or lack of it, much more than she realizes. She would like guidance on how to remove any blocks she has formed.
As you heard in the call, Leila’s true inspiration for calling in was the desire to be in a loving relationship, and to understand why she wasn’t attracting the kind of relationship she wants in her life.
Programming from our past can impact us more than we are aware. In Leila’s case, she didn’t realize her father’s apathy towards his own life affected her. As a child, she felt like he wasn’t excited to be with her, and she felt not chosen and not fully seen. She longed for a connection with her father. We can only give the love we give ourselves.
A parent’s impact on us is often more obvious when they have been abusive or suffer from an addiction. It’s important to look at the more subtle things that may be affecting you.
Leila also didn’t want to take on the responsibility of fixing someone or making them happy. She felt taking on a relationship would be a heavy weight and a burden, and she would be responsible for making the man happy. It’s important to note that the role of a romantic partner and role of a parent are two very different things.
Listen to my Coaches Corner with Marie Forleo of B-School. B-School is an online business school that covers everything you need to know to start your own business, plus I am offering bonuses because I believe in the program so much. I am offering four live group coaching calls, a guided meditation and visualization for each module and some new surprises for 2017! Email Jill@christinehassler.com.
And Andrea Owen from my favorite podcast, Your Kick Ass Life is offering her e-book and audio, How the Crap Talk in Your Head is Making You Crazy and 3 Ways to Change It, for free if you text ‘selftalk’ to 444999.
- How has your parents’ overall level of happiness affected your level of happiness?
Leila would like to more deeply understand her feelings surrounding her father’s work, to make sense of why she has difficulty with committed relationships.
Leila’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She picked up her father’s shame about his job.
- She doesn’t share details of her life with her father.
- She never felt important to her dad.
- It is not her job to fix her dad.
- She is looking to fill a void.
- She feels an over-responsibility towards men.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- Make a list of what she wanted from her dad, and forgive him for not being able to give her those things.
- It is time for her to get a clear idea of what she wants from a romantic relationship.
- She should step into her divine masculine energy and give herself the validation, appreciation, and encouragement she longed for from her dad.
- She should let go of the belief she has a block towards being in a relationship.
- She needs to break the pattern of believing she needs to fix anyone.
- Look at beliefs or ways of being you have taken on from your parents, and write a letter to them giving those things back. Rip it up or burn it, afterward. Do a visualization of you giving unwanted fears, judgments, or limiting beliefs you acquired from your parents back to them with love and forgiveness.
- If you want to attract a romantic relationship or upgrade the one you have, have a clear picture of what you want and what you have to give.
- Let go of the belief of a relationship block, or you are doing something wrong, and get excited about any investment you make in yourself in a way of giving to your future partner and family.
- If you want to make a change in your career, or take your business to the next level, look into B-School.
Christine Hassler Podcasts
Find me on Snapchat @chrishassler
@christinhassler on Twitter
@christinehassler on Instagram
Assist@ChristineHassler.com — Send your questions to Christine, to be answered on Coaches Corner.
Marie Forleo’s B-School
Your Kick Ass Life Podcast
One of the things that often stops us from embarking on our heart’s career path is programming from our past. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet
As children, we don’t understand why our parents aren’t excited to be with us. We personalize their feelings. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet
You don’t have to do a song and dance to get love and attention. You get to just be fully you. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet