WITH CHRISTINE HASSLER
EP 373: Listening to Your Gut Even When Other People Disagree with Hannah
This episode is about trusting our intuition and keeping others’ voices out of our heads. Today’s caller, Hannah, has made a clear decision to do something for herself. Yet, doubts are creeping in due to the opinions of others. If you have a gut feeling about something and other people are doubting you or you want to get to the place where you can trust your own inner knowing, this call will be extremely helpful.
You do not owe anyone an explanation for your decisions. If your decisions directly impact others, then a discussion is necessary. But, when you make personal decisions that only impact you, it is nobody else’s business but yours.
And on the flip side, we need to respect other people’s choices even if we wouldn’t make the same ones.
When people are not respecting our boundaries, it is imperative we create a distance from them. And, just because someone is a family member, doesn’t give them the right to have unlimited opinions about our lives and to know everything about us. Other people’s voices should not be louder than our own intuition.
Join Stefanos live for Breathwork for the Feminine. It is designed for women only. Stefanos leads the breathwork and then he and Christine both do coaching and processing afterward. Join them live in Austin on November 7th, 2022, from 6‒9 CST, or join virtually — Go to Stefanossifandos.com/feminine to register.
- Have you recently made a decision that others are doubting and you wonder if you should be doubting it yourself?
- Do you have a habit of people-pleasing, being a chameleon, or going against what you want?
- Do you doubt that you have intuition and don’t know how to connect to it?
- Do you need to have stronger boundaries with certain people in your life?
Hannah is on the brink of a scheduled surgery. She knows this is the right choice for her but would like clarity about the pressure she feels.
Hannah’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She’s never wanted children.
- She has a tubal ligation procedure scheduled.
- Her inner voice is telling her she is broken.
- She’s done personal development work for some time.
- She is the only child in her family who isn’t married or doesn’t want children.
- Having the procedure feels self-honoring.
- Others around her question her judgment.
- She struggles when making decisions for herself.
- She feels pressure about not having rights over her body.
- She felt a sense of relief after making a decision.
- This may be the first decision she has made based on what she wants.
- She is a people-pleaser.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- Make choices without checking in with others.
- Stop putting her needs aside in favor of the needs of others.
- Practice making quicker decisions and go with her gut.
- Stay out of other people’s business.
- Keep others out of your business.
- Listen to your gut.
- Don’t let people’s voices be louder than your own voice.
Caraway Cookware — is good looking, clean cooking. Caraway cookware is beautiful, easy to clean and use and it is non-toxic. It has a naturally slick ceramic surface and comes in cookware and bakeware sets. Go to CarawayHome.com/Overit to take advantage of the exclusive 10% off limited-time offer and use Overit at checkout.
Christine Hassler — Join the Free Over It and On With It Community
Tweetables:When people don’t honor our boundaries, it is important to create distance from them. Click To Tweet We need to respect other people’s choices, even if we wouldn’t make the same ones. Click To Tweet We don’t owe anyone else an explanation about our decisions. Click To Tweet