WITH CHRISTINE HASSLER
EP 435: How to Clear the Blocks to Go After What You Truly Desire with Matt
This coaching call is about removing blocks. Today’s caller, Matt, has fears related to starting a new entrepreneurial business based on childhood wounding. Christine offers guidance about how he can release his self-protective mechanisms and fears of not being worthy of success.
There are life-changing repercussions from significant childhood events where we felt shame, were not seen, or were not loved for who we are. Those events can create conscious and subconscious blocks because deep down our inner child believes something is wrong with them.
Many of us don’t get to where we want to go in life because we haven’t healed the origin wound that is holding us back.
We can get critical of the ways we believe we are sabotaging ourselves. But in reality, we are not sabotaging ourselves, we are protecting ourselves. The next time you notice yourself procrastinating or making excuses, put your hand on your heart and remember that it is just a form of self-protection and that you are safe to express yourself because you are an adult now and you’ve got this.
Did you set goals for 2024? Being personally matched with a coach may be the support you need to make your intentions a reality. Commit to six highly-curated sessions and get a transformational experience for a low price. Apply at ElementumCoachingInstitute.com/CIT.
Journey to Joy is a free three-day inner child workshop with Christine and Stefanos in February. Sign up here.
- Was there an event in your life that has dramatically impacted how you see yourself and how you see the world?
- Is there something you want to do, maybe a career you want to step into or a relationship you want to take to the next level but you’re terrified?
- Do you fear rejection?
- Do you fear getting your heart broken, so much so that you don’t go after the things you want?
Matt has blocks around starting a video production business.
Matt’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- He has a day job.
- He had an HIV diagnosis that changed his trajectory.
- He runs a support group for others with HIV.
- He fears that something will go wrong when he tries something new.
- He is in a two-year relationship.
- He has a block around planning for the future.
- He has childhood wounds around being who he is.
- He has a lot of awareness about his blocks.
- He’s been incorporating inner child work into his life.
- He wants to get his website up and running but he is stalling and making excuses.
- He has time management concerns around starting a new business.
- He loves video editing and being creative.
- He acknowledges it is OK to have fears.
- He is ready to make a change.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- Change his language when talking about his fears and protective patterns.
- Don’t get frustrated with the protective part of his psyche.
- Completely accept himself for who he is.
- Know he is lovable.
- Get a picture of himself as a teen and use it as a tool to follow his “why.”
Air Doctor — is an air filter and air purifier that creates the healthiest environment in your home. It filters out dangerous contaminants and allergens with an ultra HEPA filter that removes 99.99% of tested bacteria and viruses. To get peace of mind, order an Air Doctor today with a 30-day money-back guarantee, go to AirDoctorPro.com, and use promo code “Overit” and get up to 39% off filters and $300 off on selected models. Podcast listeners get a free three-year warranty!
Christine Hassler — Take a Coaching Assessment
Tweetables:Many of us don’t get to where we want to go in life because we haven’t healed the origin wound that is holding us back. Click To Tweet We want to come into acceptance of things but not over-identify with them because it can create more blocks. Click To Tweet What does your healthy inner parent voice sound like? Click To Tweet