Confidence is not something you can develop just by sitting in your house, thinking about all the things you will do when you feel more confident. Confidence is developed by going out and doing those things. Just like we gain courage by feeling fear, and then taking action anyway. We begin to feel more confident, when we actually do things we feel insecure about.
In today’s coaching session with Teisha, she would like to know how she can gain more confidence, and how she can truly believe she is a prize. We also discover why confidence has been a struggle for her up until now. She wasn’t ready to learn the lesson of confidence. Having an understanding of our past is so important to move us forward.
During our session, Teisha acknowledged she is safe. That was her key elementary lesson. After recognizing it, her entire energy shifted. She was able to release the judgment of not feeling more confident. It’s hard to develop a new quality, when we are judging ourselves so harshly about not being good at it.
Coaches, managers, parents, and teachers take note — I got super specific with Teisha about the action steps she was committing to. When walking someone through behavior changes, you want to help them with clear, measurable steps they feel truly committed to.
Is avoiding short-term pain preventing you from long-term happiness and fulfillment? What feels worse — experiencing failure and/or rejection, or never stepping into your full potential? Failure is not bad. Failure is necessary if you want to learn, grow, change, and get the things you want from life. So is perceived rejection; if you spend your life avoiding nos, you will never get yeses.
Would you like a behind the scenes look into all of my #lifehacks and to join my Inner Circle? The Inner Circle is a membership community where you get access to one-on-one coaching calls, my guided meditations and visualizations, and lifestyle practices.
Also, I will be in Australia for a Business Training/Mastermind on personal and professional development. This training is perfect for you if you are a health coach, a life coach or entrepreneur. You could benefit from a session if you are dealing with fear, are getting in your own way, or are ready to take your business to the next level. Send an email to Jill@Christinehassler.com ASAP, for more information.
Subscribe in iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | Android | Google
- Would you like to have more confidence? Do you spend more time thinking about the things you would like to do, than actually doing them?
- Are you terrified of rejection and failure?
- Did you grow up not feeling safe, loved, or seen?
- How are you at keeping your word with yourself? When you commit to something, do you actually do it?
Teisha is constantly doubting herself, and would like to know how she can get more self-confidence.
Teisha’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- Her self-doubt serves her by protecting her from the pain of failure.
- She has a lot of ‘what if’ questions.
- She didn’t feel safe growing up, but has kept herself safe as an adult.
- She will take action and go to a meetup group event, apply for employment outside of her comfort zone, and join a yoga class.
- She wants to be part of a movement to change perceptions about women and work.
- She knows she is a prize and a great person with a good heart.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- She should be curious about the people she encounters.
- She should be honest and vulnerable when she meets new people.
- She should give herself compliments and really mean them.
- She should ask herself if it serves her to believe the lies she told herself.
- She should give herself the spiritual and physical gift of yoga.
Assignments and Takeaways:
- Is there something you need to feel or experience, before stepping into confidence? Can you accept you are ready to move to the next lesson? Can you see you’ve done what you needed to do, and are ready for the next step?
- Write down a list of all the unique qualities and gifts that make you, you.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Do things you may not be good at, or that may be embarrassing.
- Commit to taking action steps to create the feeling and experience of confidence. Make the steps measurable, specific, and give yourself a timeline.
- Consider joining my Inner Circle, where developing confidence will be an upcoming project.
Audible – Free audiobook download and a 30-day free trial. I’m reading The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck. Why not make this book your first download?
Christine Hassler Podcasts
Christine Hassler Free E-book
Find me on Snapchat @chrishassler
@christinhassler on Twitter
@christinehassler on Instagram