This call is about changing your perception of what fear is. Today’s caller, Roman, is a mission-driven entrepreneur who becomes paralyzed by fear. During this call, you will learn that fear is an internal alarm system and how to get it working in your favor and the assets and liabilities of being an entrepreneur.
Being a mission-driven entrepreneur sounds good and you can make a difference but at the same time, it can be a trigger. As we help the people who are most like us in so many ways a lot of our old fears, unresolved issues, and limiting beliefs get triggered. And, it’s frustrating when we feel like we have done personal development work but we still get triggered.
When fear comes up, it takes a consistent practice of asking ourselves what the fear really means and to remind ourselves — that was then; this is now. If you get stopped in your tracks by fear, stop, realize that something is off and adjust and apply love in its place.
Entrepreneurs tend to put a lot of pressure on themselves to have it all figured out. This is a liability. There is no badge of honor entrepreneurs get for figuring everything out their own. You can pick up the phone and ask for help. There are so many entrepreneurs who have decades of experience that you can go to for guidance.
- Are you an entrepreneur who has bought into the understanding that you are supposed to figure it all out on your own, everything will work according to plan, and that you are never supposed to make mistakes?
- Have you had a painful past you have had to overcome and fear it might come back or you don’t trust how good your life really is?
- Is there a part of you that questions yourself or feels unworthy of love?
- Do you feel like you have a mission? Are you supposed to serve or impact others?
Roman is feeling overwhelmed by fear and would like guidance on how to overcome it.
Roman’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- His new entrepreneurial venture hasn’t gone as planned.
- He feels he is living his purpose.
- He needs to do his own thing.
- He is passionate about his career and fueled by his mission.
- He has done self-development work.
- His fear paralyzes him.
- He feels not good enough.
- He has a difficult time asking for help.
- He has surrounded himself with people who care about him.
- He beats himself up and holds himself to a higher standard than he does others.
- He deserves this good life.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- He needs to remind himself that he is worthy, valuable, and he doesn’t have to have it all figured out.
- When he feels fear, he needs to say “That was then and this is now. I am safe.”
- He needs to ask for guidance and help when he feels pressure and overwhelm.
- He needs to ask his inner critic to be his inner coach instead.
- He needs to allow himself to count on his soul family.
Assignments For You:
- If you have a mission statement for your life make sure it doesn’t reinforce something you don’t want to continue reinforcing.
- Make sure you are clear about what your definition of success is.
- As an entrepreneur, are you really walking your talk? Are you congruent with what you are trying to build and how you are trying to serve?
- Build your own soul family for guidance and support.
- If you’ve had a difficult journey, keep loving yourself up and use the affirmation “That was then, this is now. It’s over!”
Kopari Beauty — Are you looking for a safer alternative to aluminum-laden deodorants? Kopari is an aluminum-free deodorant with sage and coconut oil that really works, all day! It doesn’t leave the thick, white residue on your clothes and has the fresh, natural scent of coconut milk. Great for sensitive skin. Say aloha to Koparibeauty.com/overit.
Daily Harvest — Let Daily Harvest help you make healthy eating easy. They deliver frozen, one-step prep, plant-based eats right to your door. Use promo code OVERIT to get 3 free Daily Harvest cups added to your first box.
Christine Hassler — Join the Free Over It and On With It Community
Assist@ChristineHassler.com — If you want to be a guest on this show.
Tweetables:95% of our behaviors, thoughts, and feelings are driven by unconscious programming. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet One of the best things about being an entrepreneur is having a beginner’s mind. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet We cannot teach others what we don’t know how to do for ourselves. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet If you are a mission-driven entrepreneur, you don’t have to be perfect but you do have to walk your talk. https://apple.co/1hO8XZR #overitandonwithit Click To Tweet