WITH CHRISTINE HASSLER
EP 404: What to Do When You Feel Lost Even If You Know What Your Gifts Are with Janelle
This episode is about embracing our gifts and making a living. Today’s caller, Janelle, has lost the motivation to make a living by expressing her gifts. She would like guidance on how to reignite her drive. Christine offers her practical tips about shifting her limiting beliefs about money, and separating her survival needs from what brings her joy.
Our gifts do not have to translate into a career. Our gifts are there for us to enjoy them. They don’t necessarily have to be the thing that makes us money. It is completely possible to have a job you like that isn’t your passion. We all have gifts and some of them translate into a lucrative career and sometimes they don’t. Give yourself permission to explore your gifts without the pressure of needing to make money at it. Many people feel like a failure if they can not make a sustainable income doing what they love but as long as they are expressing what they love there is no failure.
It’s important not to marry gifts and purpose with survival.
At some point in our lives, we are asked to look at what we have done to meet our survival needs and consider what we have to do to be more strategic. When we have a “Watch, I’ll show you” energy, it can push us but it doesn’t generate a lot of safety and abundance because we are constantly pulled back by our old beliefs.
A caterpillar works hard to become a butterfly. It’s a metamorphosis that needs to happen. It completely transforms and transmutes things. When we are in the chrysalis moments, we need to ask ourselves what needs to transform.
My upcoming Signature Retreat is for women who want to go deeper into their consciousness, release layers that need to go, expand their femininity, get clear about their purpose, and heal wounds. Get exquisite self-care from October 13‒15 in San Diego, CA. To apply go to ChristineHassler.com/signatureretreat. There is still time to get the early bird discount. Listen to this Coaches Corner episode to find out what happens during the retreat ChristineHassler.com/2022/08/coaches-corner-346.
- Are you doing something you love but not making the kind of money you love?
- Do you think you can make money and have enough to live doing what you love?
- Were your creativity, expression, and natural gifts encouraged as a child? Or, were you told you could never make a living at it?
- Do you have a good relationship with money?
Janelle has lost her motivation to continue her dancing career and is looking for guidance on how to make a living following her passion.
Janelle’s Key Insights and Ahas:
- She knows her spiritual purpose.
- She is at a crossroads.
- She no longer feels excited about her career or art form.
- She is a professional dancer and actor.
- She expected to be more financially secure by now.
- The pandemic shifted her momentum.
- She is adaptable and independent.
- She was told being an artist would be a struggle.
- She was driven to succeed to prove to others that she could.
- She has completed the personal mastery course.
- She feels called back to her passion and desire.
- She has the tools but doesn’t know how to use them.
How to Get Over It and On With It:
- Shift her limiting beliefs about money.
- Do the “temper tantrum” technique and give her little girl a voice.
- Strategically consider her next steps and where she wants to go.
- Check out these Coaches Corner episodes with Jade Luna & Kate Northrup.
- Consider where you are. Is it time to take some risks and share your gifts with the world?
Christine Hassler — Take a Coaching Assessment
Tweetables:Not having our gifts be seen by our parents, or receiving encouragement from our parents, feels like abandonment. Click To Tweet When we are scared about our next steps, reigniting our fire is a beautiful feeling to have. Click To Tweet The point of our gifts is for us to enjoy them, not to pay our bills. Click To Tweet